PROCESS IMPROVEMENT, LEAN ENTERPRISE
The Lean Enterprise
What is a Lean Enterprise?
A Lean Enterprise produces more with existing resources by eliminating non-value-added activities. To be competitive in today’s global economy, companies must work to eliminate overproduction caused by traditional scheduling systems and only make what customers want when they want it. Lean establishes a systematic approach to eliminate wastes, create flow, and develop and implement a long-term plan to streamline your operations for success. Begin a Lean Enterprise Transformation by learning to see your business as one integrated set of processes and then systematically eliminating waste across your entire company – from shop floor to front office.
Benefits of a Lean Transformation
- Boost productivity up to 35% annually
- Increase on-time delivery to nearly 100%
- Reduce floor space by up to 75%
- Cut defects by 20% per year
- Slash inventory by more than 75%
- Improve quality up to 85%
- Reduce costs
- Increase capacity, sales, profits
- Increase customer and employee satisfaction
Our Lean Enterprise tools and services are not only proven, they're flexible. We'll look at your particular journey in the following stages:
- Opportunity Identification: How can Lean optimize your operation? We'll assess how your plant gets things done, work with you to identify a baseline, and then identify where Lean can have an impact. This gives us a solid list of objectives.
- Solution Design: Here we create the blueprint that will lead to a new and improved operation. This second stage encompasses Concepts Training and Value Stream mapping. We'll train your people to "think Lean," so that everyone is focused on the same goals. And we'll develop a set of "maps," providing the most direct route to where you want to be.
- Implementation and Continuous Improvement:
Lean tools are utilized with a “train-do” Kaizen approach. What is Kaizen? It is an intensive and focused approach to Process Improvement. This continuous improvement methodology utilizes Lean manufacturing tools such as the 5S’s of Workplace Organization and Standardization, Cells, Pull/Kanban, Setup Reduction, etc. Each tool incorporates team empowerment, brainstorming and problem solving to rapidly make improvements to a specific product or portions of your processes.
The Kaizen methodology has been used extensively and the results are real-time -with implementation occurring within one week. Not only will you see immediate improvements to your process, you will also develop a list of other improvement opportunities that your staff can investigate and implement after the Kaizen.
- Benefits of this approach include:
• Immediate results
• Involvement of the workforce
• Visual, action orientation
• Creative vs. capital investments
• Use of ongoing, once-learned concepts
• Participants think from a business perspective
• Fosters communication
Kaizen will provide your company with immediate tangible results, motivation and ongoing continuous improvement within your company.
LIFT provides the following Lean services:
· Lean Opportunity Assessment
· Lean Office
· Principles of Lean Manufacturing Workshops
· Value Stream Mapping
· The 5S System of Workplace Organization and Standardization
· Cellular/Flow Manufacturing
· Setup Reduction
· Pull Systems/Kanban
· Total Productive Maintenance